Forums General Topics Bottling and Kegging Brewkeg10 –> 9.5L Corny Keg

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Rhys Parry
    Participant

I’m a newbie and have my first Brewkeg10 on the ferment (APA w/ steeped citra + rakau) and am wanting some advice.

I’ll be switching to chill tomorrow then clarifying and once this is done I am planning on transferring the finished product to my Corny keg, moving this to another fridge and using my BK10 to start my next brew. Once this has finished fermentation I will move my Corny back into the kegerator and have both brews able to be dispense from the kegerator.

My question(s):
    1. How does one transfer from the BK10 to the Corny (I have the transfer kit)?
    2. If I want to pour a drink from the Corny whilst the BK10 is fermenting my next brew, can I simply move the Corny back over to the kegerator and attach the CO2 + beer lines and pour a beer then retransfer the Corny to my other fridge until fermentation is finished in the BK10? Clear as mud?

Thanks!
    Rhys

Anonymous

Hi

I will make a video soon regarding transfer from a BK10 to corny keg but for the moment the best thing to do is watch the kegging video for the BrewMaster. The principles are the same. That’s on our website under http://www.williamswarn.com/The-WilliamsWarn/Dispensing-Accessories

I’m not sure what you mean in the second part of your questions.
    cheers

Rhys Parry
    Participant

Thanks, Ian.

Let me try again! I’m wanting to be able to drink from my Corny whilst I have the Brewkeg10 fermenting another brew i.e. the BK will be in my kegerator and the Corny will be in another fridge. How can I dispense carbonated beer from my Corny whilst it’s not in the kegerator? Probably a really stupid question but as I say, I’m a newbie!

Thanks, Rhys

Rhys Parry
    Participant

Thanks.

All I really want to do is be able to drink from the Corny (which will be in another fridge, not the kegerator) when I’m fermenting in the Brewkeg10 (will be in the kegerator on heat) – can you advise the best way to do this?

Ta,
    Rhys

Anonymous

Yes, just get a plastic dispense line and tap from us so you can pour from the corny keg and a gas line for CO2. You need another CO2 bottle or soda stream bottle and regulator to push the beer out of the corny and maintain carbonation.

Rhys Parry
    Participant

Thanks. Could I not just connect the Corny to the kegerator’s spare CO2 line + pour via the beer line of the kegerator when I want a drink?

Ta

Anonymous

yes no problem. and you can get more line from us if you need it to go further. You just need to get that CO2 line into the fridge somehow.

Rhys Parry
    Participant

Oh, OK – so it needs to have the CO2 connected the whole time to maintain carbonation? I can’t put it in another fridge then transfer it out, connect the CO2, and pour immediately? Is it OK to have it non-carbonated in another fridge for a few days and then re-connect to the CO2 – how long would it need before being able to pour? Thanks!

Anonymous

You only need it connected when you pour. So you can swap between kegerator and fridge when you need to. If you pour without it connected the pressure goes down and the carbonation level goes down. So if your brewing in the kegerator you can use the CO2 bottle in the fridge. But you do need it for clarification and I prefer its connected to the BK10 during the clarification period to maintain pressure of make an equilibrium establish for the drinking stage but you could get away with just putting the pressure on the BK10 for a few ours and then putting it on the corny keg again in the fridge during the clarification stage. You can play around and see what suit you. Low pressure will be low carbonation in either vessel so keep an eye on that as you sway around.

Rhys Parry
    Participant

Thanks – I will just move the Corny to the kegerator and connect it when I need a drink for a few days while the next brew is going in the BK10…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.