I have done one of my brews 23 lts with an OG of 1048 and used 2 packets of “slightly out of date” US-05. Fermentation was over in 2 days and I think the finished beer lacked a bit of hop flavour (possibly stripped out by the aggressive yeast action) so I made a hop tea depressurised the WW opened the lid and tipped the hop tea in and then represurised again. This action while not recommended didn’t seem to cause any oxidation of the beer and I guess that is because there was still a CO2 blanket on top of the beer because CO2 is heavier then standard air.
Good to know of the potential of the flavour being stripped – Its a pretty hoppy brew anyway (305g of pellets used) so hopefully it doesnt detract too much otherwise I will follow your suit and add more.
No. It prob should’ve been though.
That was my practice brew. The next brew I did I entered (due to running out of time) – but wasn’t very happy with it.
It was an EPA with Pacifica and Riwaka, and 100g each of Toffee malt and Gladiator malt, but I muffed it by trying to add extra hops after cooling which watered it down too much.