Forums General Topics Equipment Optimal WW setup

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mooseusa
    Participant

Hi Gang!

My buddy and I are in the process of ordering a WW for our future brewing. It will probably be one of the first units in the US (San Jose, California). My question is: all of the pictures on the website from you guys show the WW on the floor. Has anyone considered raising it up off of the floor? I was thinking of building a 2 tier bench with the WW sitting on the lower bench and the rest at counter height for all the prep work. Any advice on how much space I should plan for the lower bench? What would be a good height?

Any advice would be appreciated. We probably have a couple of months before our unit arrives (slow boat across the Pacific).
    Thanks! Dave

joshd
    Participant

Hi Dave,

unless you are very tall I think leaving the WW sitting on the ground is fine as not including the beer tap font it is 925mm high, which for me (I am not tall but am at the other end of the height spectrum) is a good height, although if I am pouring in my prepared wort from the 15L stockpot I use it can be a bit too high..!

I do my prep in our home kitchen and once all ready I transport it a short distance out side to my “beer shed” (or man cave) and put it all together, in which I have built a corner bench/desk about 900mm high in an opposite corner (and beer fridge in another), but in an ideal setup I would have everything in the same room, which would include a sink and tap, cooker and some good bench space, all at a comfortable working height.

BTW: I am not (yet) doing all grain, just extract plus hops and sometimes steeped grain and adjuncts.

all the best, you’ve got a lot of good and fun times to come!

cheers
    josh

joshd
    Participant

I tried attaching and uploading a PDF file that shows the exact dimensions of the WW Personal Brewery, which Ian sent me over a year ago when I was deciding on buying a WW, however this file format is not allowed to be uploaded sorry… maybe try sending me a PM and/or email and I can send it to you that way if you are interested

cheers
    josh

alan luther
    Participant

Dave, I have a WW up in Washington. The generation 2 is already at counter height. I would not change anything, I am 5’10” and agree with Josh. My WW is against the counter approximately 4 feet from my sink, this space is a perfect prep and bottling station. I just received my keg kit and finished my 3rd brew (Dry Stout) bottled a 6 pack yesterday keg the rest tomorrow. So to sum it up, take the money you might spend to modify it and buy more kits. I will try to get some photos posted here or on the website, of the WW in my man cave. Cheers, Alan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.