Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RJ
    Participant

Does anyone here brew with a Robobrew and transfer into a Brewkeg? I’ve got a 25L Brewkeg and have done about 7 or 8 brews from extract + steeping. I am thinking of getting a Robobrew and wonder how long the brew process takes using one, what additional gear you need that the Robobrew doesn’t come with, and more importantly does it help make better beer! Any advice gladly appreciated.

Nolan
    Participant

The new RoboBrew with built in pump looks fairly complete…
    Apart from some Tap-fittings for the Immersion chiller.
    https://www.haurakihomebrew.co.nz/mashing-equipment/2683-robobrew-w-built-in-pump-new.html

It’s only about half the price of the Grainfather System:
    https://www.haurakihomebrew.co.nz/mashing-equipment/2451-the-grainfather-connect-controller.html

And less than about a 1/4 of the Speidel Braumeister:
    http://www.braumeister.co.nz/homebrewer/2017-braumeister-20l?gn=homebrewer&gp=1

Quality has its price… Hopefully the RoboBrew will stand up in the long run…?

I presume, with any system, you’re able to make delicious beer…
    With how much pleasure and time depends on recipe and user input…
    Take a good half day for your brewing process, and you’re ready to ferment.

wobbly
    Participant

I’m sure you have done the “math”
    A Robo brew will cost you around $650 and the way to make the savings is to purchase your ingredients in bulk 25kg bags etc. at a cost differential of around 25% to purchasing say brew size lots of 5kg
    A WW kit cost approx. $42 per brew and you could do it a bit cheaper using Black Rock.
    Going all grain you would have a couple of options a) have your LHBS mill the grain for you or b) purchase a mill for around $200/250. If you go the bulk purchase route then cost of ingredients per brew could be between $20 and $25 per brew therefore savings per brew over a WW kit is about 50%
    So you would need to do 45 to 50 brews to break even
    Don’t get me wrong I “all gran brew” and it takes about 6-7 hours from start (weigh and crush grain etc) to wort into Brewmaster and all equipment cleaned and put away. For me it’s about the process as a hobby not about the cost of a glass of beer and once you start designing your own recipe’s it is a long slippery slope of tweaking subsequent brews with different malts/hops all at an increase in cost. Some brews you make could be bloody awful and they get tipped!!!
    Cheers

Wobbly

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by wobbly.
    RJ
    Participant

Thanks for the input guys. I’m not really too worried about a break-even on the investment, as you say Wobbly it’s about enjoying the hobby. The wife might not be too keen on me spending half a day brewing though! The WW provides a great improvement in the quality of the end product for the time spent, however I find the beers are lacking in a bit of body so if a Robobrew helped make even better beer then I’d say it’s worth it.

wobbly
    Participant

While I have said it can make the brew day start to finish about 6 to 7 hours I use a 20lt Braumeister and there are a number of times in between steps where I go off and do other things such as mow the lawn, wash the car, house work to keep “erindoors” on side, as generally there are at least 2 or 3 one hour or a bit longer periods while the machine is doing it’s thing (mashing or boiling etc.) and after I became satisfied with the units performance I can now quite comfortably leave it to do its thing while I do something else. I just set the timer on my phone to remind me when it is time to check the unit for the next intervention step.
    I haven’t used or seen a Robobrew in operation but would be surprised if it required “baby sitting” for the entire process
    One thing I have found out with using my fresh wort in the Brewmaster is that I have to pay particular attention to ensuring that I minimise the amount of hot/cold break and hop matter that can/could be transferred to the Brewmaster. To this end I have stopped using a counter flow or plate chiller and reverted to using an immersion chiller and chilling the brew down as low as I can get with my water, generally around 25c and then whirlpool and let the brew/wort stand/settle in the Braumeister for about an hour before draining to the Brewmaster, If I don’t do this I end up with a whole lot of “sludge” filling the sediment bottle during the ferment. This attention to detail isn’t required when using kits as the manufacturer has ensured that all of the hot/cold break and hop matter has been removed when they centrifuge the product.
    Cheers
    Wobbly

brendos
    Participant

Check out short circuit brewing on youtube or a dude called Gash. There’s also a good Robobrew user group on Facebook.

Robobrew seems to be holding its own when you take into account the price. Yes, the steel is a bit light, the volume marking are a bit all over the show and the sparge arm is a bit annoying as it’s easy to lose the internal fitting.

I have a Robobrew on order to replace the BIAB set up. I’ll definitely upgrade the sparge arm at the outset.

At the end of the there is a lot more control brewing from scratch. Robobrew will be much quicker than the BIAB setup I was previously using so I’m happy it’s a good decision especially if the delay timer function is used.

Cheers

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by brendos.
    jackroger368
    Participant

I exceedingly respect this post. It’s unnoticeable the amazing from the horrendous everywhere on this is the moment Assignment Help Online which all around that truly matters each understudy yearns for. I’m not by any stretch of the imagination excessively stressed over an earn back the original investment on the venture, as you say Wobbly it’s in regards to getting a charge out of the diversion. The spouse won’t be excessively enthusiastic about me spending a large portion of a day preparing, however! I convey to the table vital as a result of you. I have saved your site for best in class empowers. thankful.

jangju.army
    Participant

According to a dissertation writing service, The Robobrew is an electric all-in-one eBIAB system. It allows you to brew the complexity of all-grain batches with the simplicity of electric heat/control in a single vessel system. There is a wide variety of these systems out on the market to choose from. Robobrew aims to be in the midst of these as far as features and function, but at a much lower price to attempt to get this tool in the hands of as many homebrewers as possible.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.