Forums General Topics General Brewing Discussions Sediment bottle has become misshapen

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sanco 5 days, 14 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sanco
    Participant

Something real strange happened. I brewed a cider at 22 psi and the sediment bottle went out of shape. I have brewed beers at that same pressure and never had an issue. Needless to say I am not impressed now at having to go an buy a new bottle.

brendos
    Participant

You have a BK10 right?
    Similar thing happened with me – bottle stated to get stress marks and looked not to far away from blowing out even though pressure was at or below guidelines. Best part though is the new versions are boiling water tolerant and bigger.

sanco
    Participant

Sorry Brendos, just saw your reply, I didn’t get a notification of a response for whatever reason.

But to answer your question, I have a brewmaster and have the pressure always set at 1.5 bar (22psi). This is obviously due to poor materials used in the making of these sediment bottles.

My set up set me back over $8000.00, if I include the bottler, and I would expect better products than the brewing equipment I could buy at bin inn for less than 100 bucks.

Pat Ratcliffe
    Participant

Gidday – the sediment bottles that come with the BrewMaster are awesome quality and can handle boiling water. We have find is that when brewers are making cider (which has residual yeast after the cooling has been put on) is that brewers close the bottom valve with yeast and cider in there and that builds up pressure and starts fermenting again as the sediment bottle is not cold. The bottles can handle 6 bar + pressure but with the valve closed the pressure has no where to escape and the sediment bottle will start cracking go out of shape due to the pressure in the bottle. hope this helps mate.

sanco
    Participant

Thanks Pat, that makes sense now. I do hope WilliamsWarn will now do something about to warn the users of this peculiarity with the cider so that no others will have to go through my experience.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.