Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mooncat
    Participant

I recently brewed a stout and had some foam out of the VPRV. On my next brew I started fermentation and the pressure went to 1.2 bar over 24 hours but then lost pressure over the next 24 hours. I checked the lid and sediment bottle and everything okay. I depressed the button on the valve several times and the pressure built up again and held it through fermentation. I put another brew on and same thing with pressure building up a little higher and then a loss of pressure over a day. I was scrupulous about ensuring the lid seal was clean and on right and the bottle was also tight. I am wondering if the valve has got some gunge in it and needs cleaning out. Any thoughts and advice on cleaning the valve if that is the problem?
    Cheers

elz
    Participant

I have had foam come up through the pressure valve before. Obviously i had to wait for fermentation to finish and i then drank and bottled the beer. Once finished the cleaning of the valve and line was quite easy. Simply unscrew the valve and wash the components in warm soapy water. I then squirted some water down the line using the rinsing bottle. The spout fits into the hose and you will see the water empty into the fermenting vessel. Took just a few minutes.

Once fermentation is finished and you close the valve you will know if this is the caasd of the pressure issue
    Cheers
    Elz

mooncat
    Participant

Hi Elz
    Thanks for that. I suspected that the answer would be straightforward as the brewery has been well made and I’m very impressed with the quality of the machine. As I’ve done 11 brews now I think I will strip the font down as well as cleaning the VPRV ready for the next six months of brewing.

elz
    Participant

I would not be stripping the font down as the tap has been set into the font. You can take the tap off by following the instructions in the latest manual and give it a good clean. But do not unscrew the tap part which is set into the font as it caused me all sorts of problems.
    Cheers
    Elz

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.